Just good things today, promise.
Some highlights from this week:
- When Jo-Jo came to visit for a couple of days.
- Getting to see two of my friends from back home.
- Pushing Nolan on the swing – for the first time.
- Matt getting a bigger than expected paycheck (which is already gone to bills and his truck…sigh).
- Nolan starting to walk around more each day.
- Nolan’s attempts at “running”.
- Nolan walking up to me, pointing to his mouth and then mimicking chewing every time he was hungry to let me know that I should, well, you know, feed him.
- Last night’s dinner.
Pesto Chicken Alfredo casserole.
Ingredients: Pesto, 3 chicken breasts, Club House Garlic and Red Pepper seasoning, Club House Montreal Chicken Seasoning, garlic, noodles, Alfredo sauce, 1 can of mushroom soup, your choice of veggie (we did peas and carrots because they are Nolan’s favourite), and shredded cheese (we also used Parmesan on the top).
- Dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and then fry it in a frying pan until it’s cooked and put Club House Garlic & Red Pepper, and Club House Montreal Chicken Seasoning on the chicken. Crush (or add) the garlic. Toss in two table spoons of pesto and coat the chicken.
- Boil the water; add noodles and cook until desired softness.
- Boil/microwave the veggies.
- Toss everything (once it’s cooked) into a mixing bowl and add the Alfredo sauce and mushroom soup. Stir in some shredded cheese (we like cheese, I use 1/2 a cup to stir in the mixture).
- Put into a casserole dish, spread some shredded cheese on the top (we added Parmesan cheese as well).
- Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes to cool down and then dig in!
How was your week?