Those photos were taken what seems like a lifetime ago, but are really only about 2 years old. Pre-baby days, pre-pregnancy days. I can’t even tell you exactly when they were taken, but I know it’s during out “early days”. We hung out basically every day, spending it all having long conversations about anything and everything. We got to know each other quick, because we weren’t affraid to hold back.
I love that we weren’t, I love that we were able to admit early on that we were in love. And I love that we’re still in love, despite all the crazy things we’ve gone through…accidently and unexpectedly getting pregnant, getting engaged, getting married, all before “most people” move in together. And the fact that we don’t even give a rats ass that we didn’t follow the “timeline” we were supposed to is just awesomesauce.
I love us ❤
Today is “day one” of my quest to get in better shape and health. I’ve actually eaten breakfast today: normally I don’t. Eating breakfast is super hard for me to do. I don’t know why, but it’s difficult to eat before 10am. And I know, this is bad. I must eat breakfast almost as soon as I get up. I’m working on a glass of water now, and I’ve had peanut butter toast. Not much, not that healthy either (since I only have white bread here), but hey, it’s a start! Karen said in order to not get frustrated and give up, we have to take baby steps.
My baby steps for this week:
- Replace all my sugary drinks with water. Usually I’ll have several teas and pops or juice throughout the day. Now any time I am thirsty, I’m simply going to drink a glass of water. I’ll focus on drinking the “proper” amount of water once I’ve learned to replace all sugary drinks with water 🙂
- Eat breakfast every single morning with Nolan. Usually I just feed him and I don’t eat until after 11. It’s not good. So, even if it’s just a piece of toast with peanut butter, I’ma gonna eat it!
- Stop bingeing on junk food. In fact, I’m getting rid of all the Halloween candy we have. No more temptation!
- If I get hungry at night time while watching TV or online, I’m going to eat healthy snacks, like carrot sticks. No more chips or popcorn.
- I’m going to get out every single day for at least half an hour of activity (like going for a walk with Nolan).
So yes, my baby steps! I am excited to start working out, but I am pacing myself. It’s not good to dive in all at once, and I’d like to focus on getting all the yucky out of my diet and eating habits right now 🙂 then I can start actually eating right (cooking good foods, buying whole wheat pasta, rice etc). I left “stop eating so much cheese” off my list because that one will probably be even more difficult then cutting candy out, believe it or not! I cook with cheese in practically everything, and it’s got to stop!
I’m not sure if I can cut out my condoments just yet either, but that’s okay…it’s not on my “list” so I’m not discouraged. Baby steps, right?!?