In this current moment, I am sweating like a pig – despite the cold temperature (and snow!) outside. I have spent all morning cleaning and reorganizing, sweeping and vacuuming, re-cleaning and re-organizing when Nolan decided to “help” and I am exhausted…but, I’m not done yet. I’m just having a quick blogging break while Nolan naps, because I don’t want to wake him with my obsessive cleaning. I’m in one of those moods, where I have to clean and tidy everything. I am deeply irritated with my Swiffer Wet Jet right now, because the batteries are dead…which means I cannot wash my floors and THAT is not good, not when I’m in this obsessive cleaning mood.
I get into these moods occasionally; where I just attack the apartment and scrub the hell out of it. Of course, the clean never lasts…not with the two mess makers I have (and, if I’m being honest…I’m a bit messy too, I guess).
My to-do list is still too long for my liking, and I can’t wait to tackle all of the items on it:
- Clean and re-organize above the fridge (another “clutter hot spot”).
- Wash the baseboards (all of them, including the bathroom and in behind the toliet – I never do that one because its SUPER hard to reach, anyone else agree with me on that front?)
Wash the windows.
- Clean my car (and vacuum it!).
Get batteries for the Swiffer Wet Jet so I can wash the floors! Make a yummy chicken alfredo casserole for dinner!— Matt INSISTED on making stir fry, and who am I to say no to him? hehe
Matt’s “honey-do” list when he gets home from school:
- Take all the empties back to the beer store.
- Break down a bunch of cardboard boxes (he was supposed to do that one last night, since today was recycling…but he forgot! Another thing that baffles me: the man does not see clutter, i.e empty cardboard boxes and newspapers, and does not count them as “recycling”).
- Take the drop off box stuff to the drop box (I cannot wait for this one to get done…it’s been taking up so much room in my closet it was ridiculous. Now it’s right in the middle of our bedroom floor – so he HAS to remember, right?!?).
And surprisingly, here is the list of things I’ve done this morning (just so you don’t think I haven’t done anything)
- I folded and put away all the laundry that’s been sitting, clean, in baskets for about 3 days.
- I did a few loads of dirty laundry (only breaking now because I can’t do laundry when Nolan naps).
- I pulled everything out of my closet and went through it all – made a huge box of stuff we don’t want/need anymore, and threw out crap that can’t be given away and is just taking up space. Reorganized the closet so it fits the important things (tote of extra blankets & sheets, and tote of Christmas decorations).
- I dusted, swept, and vacuumed everywhere.
- I took some hot water and vinegar to a stain on our comforter (and no, not that kind of stain you pervs! It’s from baby tyneol back when Nolan was sick lol!)
- I Febreezed the crap out of our comforter, pillows and curtains.
- I reorganized the laundry nook shelves.
- I went through all the paperwork on the table and cleaned it right off.
- I cleaned the bathroom.
- I washed all the dishes and scrubbed down the counter.
I suppose you’re probably wondering why I’m bothering to tell y’all this. I’m just stunned at how much I’ve accomplished today while still managing to fit in several cuddles, build several towers out of Mega Blocks and read so many books my voice is now raw and scratchy. Nolan was my little “helper” – or rather, El Destructo. But he looks so cute when he “helps” that I just can’t fault him!
Anyway, look at how clean it is!
It’s such a shame that the house can’t always be this clean (and by that, I mean that it’s such a shame that I can’t always be in these obsessive cleaning moods). However, I’m kind of glad I’m not always anal about cleaning. It wouldn’t make for a fun childhood for Nolan. He knows he can play with his toys wherever, whenever, so long as he helps me clean up before nap time and bed time (we’re still working on this, bless him).
I just love having a clean house. It makes me feel happy and less chaotic. When Nolan naps (or is in bed) and I get “me” time, I love spending it in an already clean room, sipping tea (or water) and just chillaxing.
Does anyone else feel chaotic when their house is chaotic? Or am I the only oddball here?
I feel like I rocked today ❤ which is awesome, because lately I’ve been feeling as though I’m getting a big old F in everything I do. It’s good to have a great day!
***Note: I wanted to publish this HOURS ago, during Nolan’s nap time but my wireless kept disconnecting and I got fed up so I went and scrubbed the kitchen floor by hand. YEAH.
After Matt came home, we went to Walmart to grab some much-needed supplies (aka; BATTERIES for my Swiffer Wet Jet) and it was awesome. Then we came home and Matt made dinner (because he’s the housewife?).
So, yeah. How was your Wednesday?
(Holy super long ass ramble post…I should get an award for this crap!)